Unless you live in a cave, you are fully aware of the growing popularity of downloading music on to your computer. It is now so mainstream that people ranging from teenagers to senior citizens own IPods. All of those people share one small issue with downloading music, however. Where can you legally download music without getting in any legal trouble and without paying an arm and leg for?
There are a few major vendors, such as iTunes and Napster, which offer catalogs of more than a million tracks, while some artists and bands are now selling songs directly from their own websites. Don’t expect to find full albums to download; only some “teasers” intended to get you to buy that artist’s new CD.
Here are a few ways you can get started downloading all of your favorite songs easier and worry free.
- There is a big difference between streaming music and downloading music African Music Streaming Platform. Streaming is when the music plays live as you’re connected to the Internet. Downloading is copying music directly to your computer’s hard disk. You can listen to downloaded music anytime you feel like it since it’s saved to your computer, burn it on to a CD or transfer it to your IPod. Streaming music on the other hand lets you only listen to music if you are online.
- No matter how you choose to get your online music, you are going to need the correct software to do it. More than likely, your computer came pre-installed with at least one media player that will work to stream music. If you don’t have one or looking to go with a different one try installing for free players such as RealOne, Winamp, Windows Media Player, or iTunes.
- There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of different music websites available for any type of music choice you want to listen to. Browse around for a few that play music you enjoy. The most popular music download store is ITunes but there are other sites such as Limewire, eMusic.com, Listen.com, MP3.com and PressPlay.com.
- Pay attention for finding individual songs that you are interested in. Even though a music download site has songs available from your favorite band, it does not mean that all of their songs will be. You run the risk of signing up for a website downloading service just to find out that they don’t have any of the songs you want to hear.
- Look on the artist’s or band’s official Web site. There are often time when bands try to promote new songs or albums by allowing their fans to freely download songs just for becoming a member of their site.
- If you’re looking to simply listen to music while sitting if your office or at work, many radio stations now broadcast music through streaming it from their website for free.