During the last several years the career of the physical and occupational therapy has become quite popular and highly promising. The physical and occupational therapy degree has recently received a significant amount of attention of young people. The physical and occupational therapy has been made a quickly developing branch of the healthcare industry, which is the fastest expanding field in the United States of America. Physical and occupational therapy has been honored with so much of people’s attention among the other branches of the healthcare industry due to several major reasons.
The first one of them is a constantly growing number of people who spend their whole lives working in the sphere of medicine and contributing to this field. Another reason for a quick development of the physical and occupational therapy is the aging of the “baby boomer” generation who decide to make this branch their professional path.
As you can see, the physical and occupational therapy is really a widely spread field. Nevertheless, it may be a rather difficult and time-consuming task to find a really quality online physical therapy degree program. This is because the specialization is narrow, while distance learning is a quickly HIPPA Compliant developing field. So, you are welcome to get acquainted with a few colleges offering wonderful online physical and occupational therapy degree programs. These five schools are specially designed to give all the necessary knowledge as well as help to develop certain professional skills of the prospective students in order to prepare them for making a successful career in the healthcare workforce:
1. Ashworth University. Ashworth University provides its students with a bachelor’s degree as a Physical Therapy Aide. During the studying process the students have an excellent opportunity to master major principles of helping disabled people who use wheelchairs, as well as assisting those people who suffer from osteoarthritis, proper operating an ultrasound machine. The students will receive other practical knowledge having to do with the physical therapy field. It has to be mentioned that online students have an opportunity to work with experienced physical therapists who have already used their knowledge in real life.
The Physical Therapy Course includes ten comprehensive lessons which are rather stimulating and somewhat difficult. At the beginning of every lesson in the physical therapy assistant program there is an introductory note of the instructor including the new vocabulary, a preview of the subject matter and a statement of objectives. This note is usually followed by the reading tasks due to which students have an opportunity to evaluate their progress especially after doing the practical exercises. In fact, Ashworth University’s physical therapy aide training program is of great help for students who want to become professional physical therapy aides. Physical therapy aides follow their responsibilities while being supervised by an experienced physical therapist. Their task is to make the patients feel comfortable.
2. Utica College. Utica College offers the special transitional physical therapy program which is specially designed for those students who have already obtained their bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in the field of physical therapy aide and have a desire to earn also a doctorate degree. The degree earned at Utica College gives an individual an excellent opportunity to work in the major medical centers in the United States of America.
The Utica College physical therapy department offers a lot of advantages. The curriculum mostly focuses on the problem-based learning giving students a chance to learn while enriching their professional knowledge. During this problem-based learning students study in small groups. It is very important to add that faculty members always guide and inspire students in investigating problems and looking for their solutions. This process trains students to think critically, that is very important for the career of a good physical therapist.
3. Penn Foster Career School. The Penn Foster Career School provides its students with the Physical Therapy Aide program which is highly appreciated by them. According to the statistical data of 2010 Graduate Survey more than ninety-eight percent of all students are completely satisfied with their studying.
The Penn Foster Career School Physical Therapy Aide Program helps to develop students’ abilities in assisting their patients to cope with their health problems and start living a new life. The following courses are offered to students: Common Physical Disorders, Physical Therapy Treatments, Exercise and Mobility Training, Introduction to Physical Therapy, Introduction to Medical Terminology and many others. Due to distance learning you will not have to attend the university every day, but study whenever and wherever it is convenient to you.
4. A. T. Still University. A. T. Still University is made for those students who have already earned a master’s degree in the healthcare field. Here they are offered the doctoral program in physical therapy. A.T. Still University prepares the students for an advanced, doctoral-level job position, for instance, at a reputable hospital.
ATSU’s Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS) suggests a three-year, entry-level doctoral program. These courses are focus on both a strong academic foundation and clinical practice. The number of students in classes is not very big that allows the staff to pay personal attention to each student.
5. Boston University. The Boston University offers to its students a doctoral degree in the field of Physical Therapy. This program is also meant for students who would like to move up to a doctoral job position beyond their master’s degree.